Matthew's class had a party to celebrate all the volunteers-I did not go b/c I did not volunteer, and that might have been awkward, although, the day after the party Matthew tells me his teacher said I could have come, and it was for all parents-darn. Anyway, too bad we don't have sitters closer to I can volunteer:-( Wait, I'm getting side-tracked. The reason for this post is to share the two poems that Matthew made for the celebration. One was to create a word or words for each letter in the word "Volunteer" and the second poem was created with a friend. These were read in front of the class to the volunteers-wish I could have been there for that!
Here they are:
Very Awesome
Oh no you're gone
Locked Awesomeness inside you
Unawkard
Nice
Terrific
Extreme Awesomeness
Endless coolness
Rule
And the one created with a friend:
Volunteers, volunteers, you rule the school.
You help us be cool
Even though you aren't a fool
You bought us a cat
But not a hat
I want more from the door
But not from the poor
Give me a store,
And I will pay you more.
And that's how you help us be cool with a pool.
And that's a wrap (rap)!
We stare in awe and wonder at the billions of twinkling lights, using all our focus to preserve the memory of each one. An impossible task, but we accept the challenge; we live for the challenge.~Roxanne
Matthew - we're so impressed! Great job creating meaningful and fun poems!
ReplyDelete