Saturday, September 19, 2009

Oh Golly Ollie (the Octopus)...







....I couldn't think of an appropriate title for this little guy, so why not come up with something silly. This is my first attempt at an octopus, and I think he turned out cute! He was made for a small baby, so I did not include any buttons for eyes ( I chose to crochet them instead). The worst thing a baby could do to this would be to possibly warp his eyes, in which case I would just have to stitch them back up-trial and error. Soon he will go home to live with the baby, so he will surely be put to the test!
He was a result of my creativity, as I only loosely followed a pattern. Matthew wanted to have his picture taken with him because I let him put stuffing in the tentacales. He loved helping me, and wanted to know if we were keeping him for the family (no), but I told him I could make him an animal. He said he wants a stuffed dog (no suprise since he still loves his "big puppy"....or a pillow because he thought the stuffing was cool and wants to be able to stuff a large pillow for me. Cute!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love the striping on the legs. I bet if you made Matthew an animal, it would be his new favorite! Kids love anything homemade.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!