Saturday, October 3, 2009

For the Princess...

Alyssa and two girls from her preschool class.
Each girl sat with Alyssa in the chair while she opened the gift that child brought. It was the perfect time to snap a photo.


Make a wish, Princess! I made this cake the night before without any idea if it would work out or not, but it turned out to be the perfect cake to have around as a decoration. The girls decorated cupcakes, and they ate those for their cake, which is why this cake was able to be so small.



The girls liked this activity!






Pin the Crown on the Princess game-Alyssa's turn!





Decorating cupcakes-the girls favorite activity!
















The Princess Walk: Walk in a circle to music and whoever is on the castle when the music stops wins a prize. Everyone wins by the end, of course! The hardest part was trying to get the girls to walk in the same direction and to keep moving. Some of the girls wanted to linger on the castle and just wait for the music to stop, so then we'd get a big back-up, which sure was cute to watch! Don't you just love all the little princesses!?










Waiting for party guests to arrive. I know these pictures aren't in order:-) I got to borrow this cute punch bowl with matching cups, which we served along with the cake. What a special touch this made!









The aftermath-I snapped this photo just prior to taking the setting down. I loved, LOVED this backdrop, as it made it seem so magical and made for an excellent photo backdrop.





----------*---------------*-----------------*----------------------*-----------------*------





Alyssa's 4th Birthday Princess Party was perfect! She woke up today (party day-October 3rd) and said "today is my party!" All the girls were invited to arrive in princess attire to join Alyssa, who was going to wear one of her princess dress-up dresses. As the guests arrived, they picked a princess tattoo that I put on their cheek-they were good quality and looked more like a face painted design on their cheek rather than a tattoo. Once all guests arrived, we made our way to the dining room table where they decorated their own crowns with stickers and jewels. Next we played a game in the front room with music and images of Disney Princesses. The girls walked in a circle from image to image while the music played. When the music stopped, whoever was standing on the image of the castle won a prize. By the end of the game, everyone won a prize, which the girls loved!


Next, it was back to the dining room where each girl decorated her own cupcake which was then put aside until it was time for cake. This was a great activity-I'd say their favorite one-and a good alternative to me simple serving up a pre-made cake.


Then it was back to the front room for pin the crown on the princess. August participated in the entire party and I could type a whole section on the cuteness that is August, but anyway, he looked so cute in the blindfold that read "princess" across it! We had Matthew put it on for fun, and snapped a photo, which he insisted I erase (no Way!!).


Our final activities involved singing happy Birthday, eating the cupcakes and ice cream, and last was presents. The girls had a great time, and with 100% attendance, we had the perfect amount of party guests!


I'll admit, I think I enjoyed this as much or more than the little girls, as many of you know HOW LONG I have waited to throw this type of party. And to answer your question: So SO fun and so worth all the time I spent planning it!!!


3 comments:

  1. We love looking through the pictures and reading every word of how the party day was celebrated. Can't wait to hear even more details! Must know everything August did to "help" Alyssa have an extra special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, what a darling way to have Alyssa open her gifts with the "giver" sitting with her! You are so darn cleaver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect, pink, princess party!

    Just think- you'll get to do it all over again with Reagan!

    Would you mind planning my girls' next parties?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!