Friday, February 19, 2010

Depoe Bay

The Sunset the first night we were there. This ended up being second best to the last night there (see the final photo for that one!).
Feeding the birds. The seagulls would line up along the neighbors roof until Grandpa and the kids went outside to feed them. It was funny to see!

I want to be outside feeding the birds with everyone, but Mom will only let me watch from the window.


Oooh-water! The kids in the backyard.



A rainbow over the ocean-very faint.




Feeding the birds-a fun daily event the kids really looked forward to!





On a walk around the neighborhood.






On a walk around the neighborhood.
















What? In Grandpa and Nana's backyard, getting some fresh air.









A brief photo op along 101.










The kids and I.











This was where we stopped along Highway 101 to have lunch on the way down South to the Sea Lion Caves.


























Enjoying our picnic lunch on the way to the Sea Caves.















We stopped along Highway 101 to get this picture of the lighthouse.















On the path to the Sea Cave.















The Sea Lions. There were a lot of them, many more than usual. This was amazing-we were all in awe. This pic. cannot do justice to how it felt to see the cave in person. This is the largest sea cave in the U.S.

















The kids and I inside the Sea Caves.


















This is the beautiful view from inside the caves, but at the opposite end. You have to hike eight flights of stairs or so and then onto a wooden area, where you get to view this. Can you see the lighthouse in the distance?








































Rea and I in the cave.





















August viewing the lighthouse and view inside the cave.






















Ryan inside the cave at the opposite end-a lookout point-the views the Haceta? lighthouse-the most photographed lighthouse in the U.S.
























The kids on the path to the Sea Lion elevator.























The structure to the right is the elevator that took us 200 feet down to the Sea Lion Cave located below. I could have stared at this view ALL day. It was breathtaking. Robin and I were wishing we had worn t-shirts, it was that warm.

























Alyssa and August loved the Sea Lion statue on the path to the Sea Lion cave. Alyssa even had to kiss each lion goodbye before we left!


























The final Sunset-I think I'll add this to my sunset wall.



























Finally! Something to post:-) I took so many pictures from this trip-most of the ocean-I just couldn't get enough of the beauty.























We were so happy to escape to Depoe Bay over mid-winter break! Although it is true that we have had amazing weather up here in Snoqualmie, there is nothing that can compare to a trip to the ocean. The kids were very excited when I told them we were going to go to Grandpa and Nana's house-they were bouncing off the walls the day before! We left on Valentines Day and had an incredibly easy trip there and made it in under 6 hours. We made our traditional stop at Burgerville for lunch, and I treated the kids to their favorite shakes (they have awesome ice cream there). The place was decorated for Valentines day with pink and red balloons everywhere, and red heart suckers for the kids to take. We arrived at Depoe Bay and were very happy to see Grandpa and Nana. I know they were anxiously awaiting our arrival, too! The weather was Sunny every day that we were there. I couldn't have planned our timing better if I tried. I think by the end of the vacation I referenced how perfect the weather was no fewer than one hundred or so times-IT WAS AWESOME-one hundred one.


















I have posted so many pictures, as to me, this is the closest thing to a scrapbook that I have right now. I also post them so you may get a feel of how our week was. We had a great vacation-THANK YOU Grandpa and Nana! We were happy to be there to celebrate your birthday with you!!




































n

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those are beautiful! I could almost hear the sea lions barking and the waves crashing when I looked at that picture of the cave. And you, I bet you were totally in your element and loving every minute of it- the animals, the weather, the ocean, the sunsets- all your favorite things. And I love your hair! Sooo cute. Now you match Reagan. : ) Looks like exactly what you said- the perfect vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was our perfect vacation, too! Thank you for coming down - we soooo looked forward to the visit and it turned out perfect. Grandpa LOVED having his grandchildren with him on BIG #70! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was our perfect vacation, too! Thank you for coming down - we soooo looked forward to the visit and it turned out perfect. Grandpa LOVED having his grandchildren with him on BIG #70! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!