Eleven ducklings and their mother were located in a pond right outside the Zoo, and I wasn't sure we were ever going to make it inside-especially after a lady gave the kids some bread to feed to them!
Kaitlyn and Reagan looking at the flamingos.
This was one GIANT iguana.
The Orangutan.
My oldest neice, Ashlee, holding my youngest and newest neice, Rachel. She is such a wonderfully cute and sweet baby! I got lots of baby time in:-)
My sister and I in her beautiful backyard on departure day. Boo:-(
The perfect trip to California. That sentence sums it all up just fine, but I should say more:-)
I really wanted to make it out to meet my sister's new baby, and help her as best I could, and I wouldn't have been able to do so if it wasn't for all the people that helped make my trip possible (you all know who you are!), so a great big THANK YOU! I feel so fortunate to have you in my life.
My trip was a whirlwind, but every second was spent with the people I really wanted to see the most. Reagan and I traveled back and forth between El Dorado Hills and Cameron Park on a daily basis, and it worked out great doing so. Reagan got to visit with Grandpa, Nana and Aunt Jaime, and even had her for an afternoon into the evening and put her to bed, which was the day I was really able to be the most effective at helping my sister. My neices, nephews and I had some great quality time, and I loved getting to spoil them as their Aunt.
On our first full day there (Wednesday the 7th), my Mom and I packed up the kids and some lunches, and took them to the Sacramento Zoo. The weather couldn't have been more pleasant (high of 70 and fully sunny-not a cloud to be seen), and we spent the morning running around there. That evening, my sister, the kids, and I enjoyed our favorite pizza (Round Table) and some yummy cake that Ashlee and I picked out for dessert.
I spent the following morning visiting with my Aunt Sharon and my Mom. We sat out on the deck-another absolutely gorgeous day! My Mom and I headed out to lunch at Jimboys for some one on one time, and then it was off for a nap at Grandpa and Nana's house. While Reagan napped, I headed up to my sister's and gave a mini-crochet lesson to Ashlee and her friend-it was fun:-) The girl's were good students! Then it was back to El Dorado Hills with Ashlee, Jacob and Noah in tow, where Robin and I enjoyed a walk to the park with the kids. Later that evening, we headed back to Cameron Park, where my sister and I had a delicious dinner of Mahi Mahi, grilled asparagus, roasted red potatoes, and scrumptious marscapone brownies for desert. I'm feeling a sweet tooth come on just thinking about them:-)
While I was enjoying a few days of California life, Matthew, August and Alyssa were enjoying some quality time with Grandma Kathie and Grandpa A.J. I felt good about leaving them, because I knew they would be well taken care of. They got spoiled with eating out, going to see "How to Train Your Dragon", a trip to the arcade, and some fun play time. This week was Spring Break for the kids, so Ryan has been in California since the first, but comes home tomorrow. The kids all enjoyed their time, but it is always nice to get back into a routine (I think). :-) We definately will look forward to the next big break-Summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, so please leave one!