Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Alyssa's Ballet Recital

I know, it's Tuesday, and I haven't posted about this wonderful event!  She did amazingly well, and we were so proud of Alyssa for stepping out of her comfort zone and taking part in this memorable first experience. 
I had so much fun doing her hair and make-up, and seeing her shine in her beautiful costume.  I thought my heart was going to melt! She was so excited ready:-) She had a whole jumble of emotions, but she handled them well.
Friday night was the rehearsal, and pictures.  The clip shown is of rehearsal, as cameras and recorders were not allowed for the performance on Saturday night. After her Friday night events, Alyssa and I ran by Quiznos and picked up sandwiches for the two of us.  Mike kept all the other kids at home so I could focus on Alyssa, which was very nice.  Saturday was a repeat of Friday, as I left everyone at home and focused on Alyssa.  The experience was so positive on many levels.  I think she reveled in having my undivided attention, and I liked having no distractions. When we arrived to the event on Saturday, they took Alyssa back and I was left to wait for the rest of the family to arrive. She ended up being the second act, for which I was relieved for her, as she didn't have to sit and wait in all her anticipation. I could see that she was nervous up on stage with all the bright lights, but she did her best, and we loved watching her cute tap dance routine!

I just realized that I didn't get any photos of her in her tap shoes!! Well, I ordered the top photo package, so when those pictures arrive, I will be sure to get a picture out to those family members who would like one:-)

In the car on the way to Friday night rehearsal.

No wait, there are her shoes!! She was in line for the photographer in this picture.

Alyssa and her friend Mia were waiting to be called up on stage at rehearsal.



After Saturday nights performance. She loved her flowers! Her make-up got a little messy, as there were some tears at one point (after she went up on stage, thankfully!), but she is beautiful regardless!

So proud of my princess!!

For those of you that think I only take one kind of photo, her is evidence to the contrary. I was making some funny faces on this night:-)



We hit Red Robin and Coldstone after the Saturday night recital.  Here are the girls waiting for a table outside the restaurant.



Note: If you can't tell, Alyssa is in the front, second from the right (at the start) as you view this video.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was darling! Great job Alyssa! That was quite a pose at the end... was that for taking pictures? Alyssa I am so proud of your bravery and talent. You looked beautiful up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa - you are extremely beautiful and quite talented and brave. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!