Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Kindergartener:-)

August in the classroom, getting ready to color while everyone gets settled, and parents get their last photo op.
August with his friends Grace and Jackalyn.

Getting ready to walk down to the bus stop.


August and his friend Ella were the first two in the Kindergarten line for the bus.



The crazy bus scene. Lots of anxious kids and anxious/excited parents!
This pics. are backwards, as ideally I would like to show them in the order they happened, but oh well! August was nervous but he didn't show it-I just know because I'm mom:-) It was great that he knew so many people right off the bat. When the bus pulled up, he was the very first child to get on, and I can't imagine what must have gone through his head to board on to a bunch of strange faces, but when he arrived at school I was there waiting for him, and he did in fact survive! As a first day only deal the parents were allowed to walk their kids into the class, and I took advantage to snap a few more photos. His two girl friends ("girl" "friends"-that sounds funny, I guess I could just say friends!) were seeming a little nervous and sticking close to August, so they all ended up sitting together, which was so cute:-)
His new adventure has begun, and I can't wait to hear all about it when he gets off the bus today!




1 comment:

  1. Oh, happy day! Back to school! August looks so brave. I can't believe how tan he is from the summer! Jacob is going to be so happy to see him. Did Matthew start last week, or does he start next week? I forget. You must be enjoying a little quieter house. I know I am loving our school schedule. Congratulations August! Tell him Aunt Lisa and all the kids are very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!