I had a lot of unusual highlights of my day, but this one really made it for me. I'm going to share this because I am joyful that there are still teachers out there that will take the time to go out of their way and type an e-mail as expressive and kind as this one! Amen to this teacher:-)
This was the e-mail I got in my inbox today regarding Ryan, sent from his language arts teacher:
I wanted to let you know I am behind in my grading due to losing a very close friend very unexpectedly
—however Ryan is doing very well.
I am allowing him to re-take the 1st test for Pigman and once I plug in about 5 assignments
his grade will significantly change upward.
I am seeing progress in his formal writing, especially in structured writing.
As you know, the disc he was using from me somehow was misplaced; but he has been given
additional time to re-do. He has quite a clever original story he just needs to add the lost graphics.
He is respectful in class and chose to sit in a front seat. While we were studying for our Roots 5-8 final,
Using a jeopardy like format--It was evident he had studied because he was asked consistently, when a student could “phone a friends for the answer.” It was clear he was excited and liked being the class leader. At these times I wish I could bring you in and watch at the moments
when your son is brilliant and is enjoying his learning. My goal to is to foster a love of words, reading and writing.
I will email you when I have updated, which will be no later than Sunday afternoon.
All the best,
(blocked out name of teacher for privacy, but her name was here)
LA Teacher and Reading Specialist
We stare in awe and wonder at the billions of twinkling lights, using all our focus to preserve the memory of each one. An impossible task, but we accept the challenge; we live for the challenge.~Roxanne
That is awesome Roxanne. What a touching e-mail to receive, and how fortunate you are to have such a genuinely kind, loving, and attentive teacher for your child. That must've warmed your heart.
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, one of the highlights of your day better have been our 2 1/2 hr. phone conversation this morning! It was the highlight of mine (in addition to the Relief Society Christmas party.) =)
Ryan, GREAT JOB! Roxanne, thank you for sharing special moments about the children so we can all to be a part of their daily life.
ReplyDeleteRyan, excellent! Being a 'leader' is a fantastic trait .... and, the view is always better seeing what's ahead vs. someone elses 'back' :-) This is wonderful you have a teacher who takes time to let your mom know about your great work!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Ryan! Once you get the hang of it, high school isn't too bad. Roxanne - Ryan has a great support system. The number one, and most important part of that system, is a mom who truly cares and stays a part of her child's day even when they are away at school. Trust me, teachers know that and respect that. By communicating with Ryan and his teachers, you have set a very important precedent for Ryan's future at high school. Love - Candy
ReplyDelete