Oh Summer, you came and went too quickly! Actually, our weather is getting ready to swing up into a heat streak now that school has resumed, but the kids won't be able to enjoy having no schedule to go along with it!
Tuesday was the boys first day of school, and today, my first-born daughter left us to start Kindergarten. I can't believe we are already closing one chapter and opening a new one with her. She is growing so fast, and I enjoy having her in our family more than she will likely ever realize. It was bittersweet, but I was so happy for her, and she was SOOO excited to go!
Mike and I saw her off on the bus, then hopped in the car and met her at school to see her into the class. The boys were excited for her today as well:-) I got a little teary a few different times, but kept it together and have relief that at least she isn't going to be gone full-day (yet). It was a great day and milestone for us!
 |
| First day of school for the boys. They have awesome teachers, and we couldn't be happier! |
 |
| I met August at school after he got off the bus on the first day, and got a picture of him with his best bud, Aiden. |
 |
| All great friends and play together often..these boys are all from our neighborhood and stick together when they can. From left: Ryan, Hudson, Aiden, and our August. |
 |
| This is from today. Alyssa all ready to head to the bus stop. New backpack, shoes, clothes, lunchbag, and cute hairstyle, plus a positive attitude! She was very ready:-)) |
 |
| I love seeing my kids stick together! ....and happily:-) |
 |
| She was the first one to get on the bus at our stop of approx. 25 kids or so. |
 |
| We met her in the hallway at school. Apparantly there was a wasp on the bus, so August had just finished crying, and claims it bit him on the stomach. The bus was full of kids freaking out, but Alyssa didn't seem bothered. She sat directly behind the bus driver, so I think she felt pretty safe there. She said she heard screaming coming from the back of the bus, which sadly, I discovered, was August. |
 |
| Her first task of coloring while the kids file in to class. |
 |
| Reagan missed Alyssa today, and wanted to give her huge hugs goodbye. |
ALyssa, I love your first-day-of-school dress! Sweatshirts on the boys- is it seriously cold there?? I can't believe poor August got stung by a wasp on his first day. You can let him know that Jacob, Noah, and their friend Brady got attacked by wasps yesterday in our backyard. They accidentally stepped on a nest! Roxanne, I love seeing all your pictures but it makes me so sad that the cousins are growing up without each other! I hope we can get them together soon. Lots of love coming from Aunt Lisa.
ReplyDeleteExciting first day of school story!! They all look happy and ready for a new year. Alyssa in kindergarten? - hard to believe. Sarah starts junior high tomorrow - hard to believe also. She is very excited as it is a brand new school and bigger than Eric's high school. I might have a few "mommy" moments tomorrow also!!!
ReplyDelete