Friday, September 9, 2011

It's MY turn now...

Reagan has been asking to join a dance class.  More specifically, a ballet and tap class like sister.  While Alyssa actually opted out this time, Reagan still wanted her turn.  I wasn't sure if she would even let me leave her in a class like this, so we did a trial class.  Well, she did great, and she loved it!  I stayed for the first twenty minutes, then went home for a short time, then turned around in time to be there when class ended.  I didn't want to purchase her ballet and tap shoes until I saw that she actually wanted to do the class, so I told her that if she wanted them at the end of class, we would buy them later that day.  She was so happy at the end of class, we went home and I noticed her doing her different things she learned around the house, like pointing her toes, and tapping her feet, and different stretches.  I guess she is getting bigger than I like to think!!
On her way into the building.  She was excited that she got to bring her new Disney Princess backpack with her (well, her sister's) ballet slippers inside. When we got inside, she opened her backpack, took off her boots, put them in her backpack, then put on her slippers, and put her backpack in a cubby.  She was careful to zip it up and made sure she did each step...she was so cute I was just melting!

In the car headed to the studio.


Waiting for class to begin.

Reagan is seated right next to Miss Kelsie (on the left).  Miss Sierra is my very favorite helper teacher, who is on the left.  By the end of class Reagan could tell you both of her teacher's names.  She has excellent name recognition...something she didn't get from me!





They had to stand on a number, and she picked a number in the back of the room!

She was easily distracted by the parents, so it is a good thing we can't stay!  Once I arrived, she wouldn't look at her teacher anymore.  She kept staring and smiling at me!!

This was the tap segment, and she didn't have tap shoes yet.  I think she felt a little left out, as she was really looking forward to tapping!  Next class she will get to do the tapping.  She loves her new shoes.



Picking up my shoes!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet girl! Reagan, I can't believe you are growing so big! A little princess in the making...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!