Sunday, August 26, 2012

Waiting for her party guests! She really loved her cake. Several months prior to her birthday, she saw this cake and told me that she wanted it for her next birthday. It looked amazing, and tasted amazing, too!

The castle opens up and stores the four Disney princesses.

Waiting patiently for the party guests.


A pretty Princess pose! On the way to the store to pick up her cake and balloons, she turned to me in the parking lot and asked me, "Mommy, do I look like a princess?" I asked her, "Do you feel like a Princess?" She said yes, and was beaming! It was so sweet, I told her that she definately looked like a Princess:-)



This is the first activity I had planned for the kids. They each got a castle scene and stickers to decorate the scene. They really liked this activity!

All the food served was pink! Pink Trader Joes licorice, pink candy popcorn, and TJ's honey wheat pretzels dipped in pink white chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. I also decorated mini wands with pink tulle and ribbon, which served as a decoration initially when grouped in a pink votive holder (you can see it in this pic.), and served as wands for the girls to play with once we moved the party out back, and ultimately, take home as a party favor.


Princess parties are so much fun! Reagan was smiling the whole time, even though she was pretty quiet otherwise. I was happy she enjoyed her party and didn't have any meltdowns, like so many kids end up having at their own party.

This was one of the games, a little like musical chairs, but using various princesses, and a castle. The music would play and the girls would walk from picture to picture, and stop when the music stopped. Whomever was on the castle when the music stopped would get a prize. I made sure that by the time the game was over, each girl had a prize.


This activity was the best one! August decorated his jeep before the party, and had it ready to give the kids rides around the yard. He was so excited to be involved, and took great care in decorating his jeep for the party! The kids liked this activity more than any of the others. It just proves that keeping it simple is sometimes the way to go.


It was hot out, but such a beautiful day, we really didn't want to move the party back indoors until it was time for cake; therefore, we ended up laying a blanket outside and bringing out waters and the gifts. The girls were happy, and Reagan loved opening her presents. She got a lot of American Girl stuff, which is exactly what she wanted!

Love this pic. of Reagan!








This is the gift she was hoping for the most: American Girl doll Julie!

Makayla, Reagan, Alyssa and Ella.


Time for cake! It was hard to bring myself to cut this one.


Her wish: "I wish for Sun!!" That is what she always wishes for. Whether it is blowing out candles, throwing a penny in a fountain, or looking up at the stars.


Playing with the dolls after her party. What a great time, and so memorable!

We love you so much Reagan, more than you can ever know. You are blessing in our lives, and you bring smiles to our face daily. Since this blog is like an online scrapbook for me, I just want you to know that I'm so happy God chose me for your Mommy:-) I had so much fun planning this fun princess party for you. All I want is for you to be happy and feel safe and loved as you grow each day. Happy 4th Birthday, little Princess.

2 comments:

  1. Reagan -it is so much fun looking at all your birthday pictures. You are a VERY beautiful princess (inside and out!). Our love, grandpa and nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pink princess parties Roxanne. :) How is your little baby already 4!! Growing up so fast. You know, as I was reading this post I realized I think Alyssa and Kaitlyn are going to look a lot alike. That just hit me. Happy Birthday (much belated) Rea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!