Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blueberry Picking in August

This post is coming in late, but what can I say, I've been busy and my blog has been frustrating me!  I'm optimistic that it seems to be doing better now, though.

We love blueberry picking, and look forward to doing it every year.  With this years pickings, I was able to make blueberry muffins (Matthew's request), and a blueberry pie.  Of course, there were plenty to eat and freeze as well.  The kids discovered that they really like blueberry pie:-)

Ready to go.

Some blueberries for you, Reagan!



Mt. Si






Sticks are fun!








Reagan enjoyed picking the berries, but ate them out of her bucket just as fast!  Mike and Matthew treat it as a mission, collecting as many berries as they can for me, which is much appreciated, as I'm usually dawdling along with the girls in tow.  August usually divides his time somewhere in-between power-picking and running through the rows of bushes.  This is such a great activity that everyone enjoys!  I love the relaxing atmosphere and picking below our beautiful majestic mountain.  I could stare at it all day:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, so please leave one!