Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Alyssa's Ballet Session II

Session two ended yesterday, and a new session begins next week.  As a general rule, parents are to drop off their students for class and may not stay, as the room is very open and staying distracts the dancers; however, the last week of each session is observation and free dress week, and parents can stay.  I like observation week! I like to see what Alyssa is learning. Also, I can help her at home by knowing what she should be doing to improve. Alyssa really wanted to wear her tutu again, so that was what she chose this second time around!
For those of you who don't know, I just switched Alyssa from the day time 3/4 class (a creative movement ballet/tap intro. class) to the more challenging 5/6 class (a pre-ballet class).  This was her third week in the class, and some of the girls in this class have been in ballet for a couple years by now! She is doing well in the class and I like that she is being challenged a bit more!  Also note my beautiful pink hair bun covers over a couple of buns, including the instructors:-))  Alyssa's new instructor also happens to be the owner of the academy.  She is so kind and a great teacher, and when I asked Alyssa what she thought of Miss Katie after her second class with her, she replied, "OH, she is WONDERFUL!."  Yeah:-)


We just put our fees down for the costumes for the June recital, and I really look forward to that.  The girls will start learning a routine for that late February. 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures and video showing how much Alyssa has learned during her lessons! My goodness, you'd think she had been dancing for much longer! Love, Grandpa and Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and elegant Alyssa. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful and looks just like her mommy! I can never get over that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!