Our playroom needed a change. Not a major change, just some little tweakes here and there. My Dad already helped us out tremedously by painting it, and picked the perfect color that we love! However, we had a train table in there that I felt like needed a "trial" disappearance. What I mean is, I don't
think we need it anymore...but I'm not 100%, not enough to get rid of it completely. We are keeping the trains, as the kids build the track on the ground half the time anyway. Also, the fact-of-the-matter is that my two youngest kids are now girls, not boys, and I need to cater to them in our playroom a little more than I have in the past. Don't get me wrong, Reagan is just fine to sit down with G.I. Joes and action figures and play with the castles and army jeeps, but I know that she might also like some of her "girly" toys, as I know she is pretty big into her dolls right now.
Anyhoodles, yesterday I took the table out, and replaced it with items I thought might be more fun and get more use. I added the princess tent in there, which seems to be a hit thus far. I also took the third bulky end table that was given to us, and decided that if it had half a shot of staying in the playroom, it had to be a different color. It was riding on thin ice with me, as it seemed to only be cluttering it up, and it didn't match, and it was getting ready to hit the donation truck down the street if something didn't change. I hauled it into the garage for some tweaks, and it re-entered the room much better than it left! See for yourself:
 |
I painted it a bright green...I picked from what I had in rustoleum, which was black, apple green, or brown...green worked best for the playroom, and I painted the top in Valspars Chalkboard paint. We love it!! The only thing to note, only white chalk is allowed on this board, or else the carpet will quickly become very rainbow. With the white, no worries! The table can also be used as its original purpose, just a table. I love dual-purpose items! Total time to do this: 1 hour. Easy:-)
|
So, I loved the Valspar Chalkboard Paint so much that I took the door that was originally on the stand that is now in Reagan's room..the one from an earlier post that I painted green, remember? Well, I spray painted it and added a chalkboard surface to and stuck IT on the wall in the playroom as well.:
 |
| I again had the choice of brown, black or green, but I was about out of the green, and brown matches the shelving in the playroom. I had just enough green left in the can to spray the hardware. What do you think? I like it, and it does open, but the idea is that they leave it as you see. |
 |
Having two different surfaces to draw on helps diffuse fighting over just one area to draw on.
|
I don't know if I will ever be able to use a traditional paint and brush for these types of projects again! The rustoleum makes it so easy! Here are the remaining photos I took. I have a couple other ideas in mind, but I think we are well underway!
 |
| I'm going to be re-painting the t.v. stand as well. It will be the espresso brown to match the shelving. I am deciding if I want the wardware to be "as is", green or white. It will look much better once it is in-sync with the rest of the room! |
 |
| August did a whole set-up inside the tent with the castle and some action figures. He even brought in his chair and his notepad. |
 |
| A sneak peek inside the tent. Looks like fun to me! If I were still a child, I would love this:-) |
Great job Roxanne! My entire house needs to be tweaked. Maybe you just gave me a push in the right direction.
ReplyDelete