Sunday, August 14, 2011

Swedish Opens Phase ONE

This post is a bit late, but better late then never! Swedish opened phase one of the hospital in early July, and these pictures were of the community open house.  Mike and I had attended the V.I.P. event the week before, so I had the chance to view the hospital before it was swarming with people.  What gorgeous work, and Mike has put in so much to help make this project such a success.  Phase two will open in November, so all the heat isn't off yet, but he is closing in on the finish line for this project.  It has been wonderful having his commute at less than 15 minutes, and sure helps aleviate some of the stress (but not all!).

Many goats we saw while waiting to turn into the event.  The kids liked them!

Inside the hospital.

Hmmm, where to go first?

The kids got to play this Passport game where they had to go to different parts of the building collecting stamps, and once they filled their passport, they could turn it in for a build-a-bear teddy bear.

See the shop in the background? On the first floor, you would hardly know you are in a hospital. It is quite fancy!

The Mad Hatter made the trip from Disneyland.  This guy was halarious!!! Alyssa wouldn't give him a hug, and he got mad and said, "fine. I don't want a hug from you anyway, Alice! You were RUDE to me the last time we had tea together!!" Then he stomped off.  It was funny, funny stuff.  When I pulled out my camera, he said, "oooh, lets go over here and pose like we are a big, happy family! I love family pictures!" And that is the picture you see. 

The passport is filled.  Time to go collect teddy!


Teddys for ALL!!

mini-golf outside.  They had lots of vendors outside, where "The Highlands Days" was going on.

The hospital.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Mike! You should be proud of your work. (He is looking more and more handsome every time I see him in pictures!) What a fun opening.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!