Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Sunday

On these beautiful sunny days, not too many places top the beauty of where we live! Check out the mountain.
On the look-out for trees at the Mount Si Nursery-Alyssa blew bubbles along the way.

Reagan is pointing out the tree she thinks we should buy (and wearing her headband I made for her).


The kids loved the koi pond at the Nursery. I'd love to have one of these in my backyard!



Cool picture, I think!





The tree we had to have! It replaced the ugly thing that stood before it. Mike and the boys dug out the old tree-like thing and put this beautiful green-leafed Japanese Maple in its place. We like the difference it makes, and the boys enjoyed helping.




The second red-leafed Japanese maple we bought for the backyard. Such a pretty tree being watered by a pretty girl:-)






The third tree we bought today was an apple tree (see it to the right). Matthew is digging the hole for it in the picture.







2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! You guys are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Aren't maple trees the ones that turn beautiful colors in the fall? I love apple trees- home grown apples are the best. Gardening is such a good thing to do with the kids. And Reagan's headband is too cute! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good helpers you have. Planting and seeing them grow is so rewarding. Great for the kids to see the process!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!