Well, between Easter, My Birthday, Mother's Day this weekend, baseball and ballet and all the other everyday things, we've been pretty busy.
My birthday was absolutely wonderful this year! I felt so loved and spoiled by everyone-Thank you for everything!! I was greeted on the morning of my birthday to a Caramel Macchiato, flowers, a gift from the kids, and LOTS of love! What more can a Mom ask for?! I even went out with friends on the night of my birthday and danced it up...I've never done that before. It was several girls and myself, and it was just what I needed. I know that will likely be my first and last time in a scene like that, but I love the dancing part, and I think there will be a more scaled down version of Saturday night in Mike and my future:-)
We have also been potty-learning. It has gone very well, and I am so pleased to say that Reagan is just about there!!!!!!! We began our learning efforts 5 days before Easter, and here we are, just about finished. NOT BAD, if I do say so myself! I am so proud of her, and she is proud of herself. She said to me today, "no more pacifier, and I wear big girl underwear. I'm a big girl now!"
That's right, Reagan. Just don't grow up too fast. You sure are a fun little girl to have around:-)
What else? I just deactivated my Facebook account. I have better things to do, and I don't need to devote anymore time to it. I will leave it at that. Oh, but it does feel kind of nice though. I like the "old school" way of finding out about people.
It's late, and I'm heading to bed soon, but I won't leave you with just my words. Here is some stuff for your viewing pleasure:
| The Community Easter Egg Hunt we attend annually. |
| Easter Morning. |
| Easter Baskets: Not just for collecting eggs:-) |
I am so glad that you got to go out with your friends on your birthday. I was hoping you would! I can't believe Reagan is almost 3 and that this is the end of the chapter for you. Sounds like you are in a good place, though. I'll have to watch those videos on Forrest's computer (mine doesn't have sound.) I can relate to your feeling of liberation from quitting Facebook. I had the same feeling when I quit blogging for a while. I think more people realize it's addicting but can't or won't do anything about it (those are usually the ones who try to pull you back in.) You are the third person I've heard make mention of quitting this week... kind of signifies a problem, doesn't it? Good for you.
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, we also did the Easter baskets this year. Sean was a little disappointed he did not get to color Easter eggs. That's what happens when you're 18 and out on a Saturday night! Choices!!?? Reagan is definitely a fun little girl. I think she will be like Sarah when she gets older. Sarah is a joy to be around and she is just so funny and wise at the same time with her "comebacks"!!
ReplyDelete