Thursday, October 13, 2011

Alyssa's skirt

Just wanted to share my first attempt at a skirt.  I didn't use a pattern or much other than my friend explaining to me how to make a skirt from a fat quarter.  I made this skirt with two fat quarters and pretty dark pink thread.  Oh where to begin on all the mistakes I made, but that's how we learn!  The flower is a ploy to cover up one of the biggest mistakes I made. I stiched the flower to the dress, which I think looks decent. The waist is elastic, which is nice b/c Alyssa can just slip it on and off.  Honestly, I think Reagan will probably end up wearing this as well!

Obviously, the black is one fat quarter, the pink the other. The pink thread worked well, and hides some of the flaws.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, so please leave one!