Friday, October 7, 2011

Roxie Gets Crafty....

Yes, I've been playing around with some different things, and just wanted to share.  Please keep in mind, these are the FIRST I have ever made of items such as these, and no, I won't be crafting barbie clothes, but my idea is that I can start getting to know my sewing machine better, and practice using it by working with smaller scraps of things I have laying around, with the idea of one day making a larger version, after I get the hang of how to sew. 
As far as the mini top hat, I am again playing around with the idea of costume pieces.  I just love being creative!






OKAY, Remember, this is the first thing out of the gates.  I basically hacked at various materials and stitched them together on the sewing machine, until it looked like something.  Reagan loved it, and carried the barbie everywhere today, and when a girl out saw the doll, she said, "I like her dress".  WHO knew?! 


So happy with Barbie, and a Care Bear she got for 50 cents at a garage sale a couple weekends ago!

Barbie is stylin' 

It is kind of like an apron/costume dress.  For the girls, I would put a halter top that ties behind the neck, but I just connected it for Barbie so Reagan can just slip it over her head.


My grandmother used to make my barbies clothes when she would watch us.  She would be proud to see this!



Tonight, after the kids were in bed, I was searching for Barbie to show Mike what I made for her (ha!), and I found her here!  Reagan loves this doll house and plays with it all the time now that it is in the playroom...best thing I could have done, moving it in here where it gets use.  Reagan had this whole set-up going on with Barbie as the Mom sitting as the table having dinner with her babies.  SO sweet! I couldn't remove her from her happy home, so I had Mike come check her out from here. 

1 comment:

  1. Barbie, where are the rest of your clothes? She's a little scantily clad!

    Sewing is so rewarding. You'll have fun once you get the hang of it and can make bigger projects. I bet you could design Barbie clothes and sell them on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, so please leave one!